Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Around the house.




Well, we've pretty much started a whole new life for ourselves now that we've moved. We're getting into the routine, although each week seems to be a little different, especially with a 1 yr old in the house. I am continuing to work two days a week and I have a bible study every Wednesday morning. Just this week we joined the YMCA in order to get ourselves physically, emotionally & mentally fit this winter. It seems that every winter I get into this sort of funk with it getting dark early & people not being outside. So, after a minor emotional breakdown on Sunday, I took my paperwork in at 7:30am Monday morning and signed us up for a family membership. So far, Kyle & I have swam twice (not together though) and Rowan has visited with other kiddies in childcare. It is truly a blessing to have childwatch onsite b/c I NEED that 30 minutes of alone time in the pool. So far, so good. (even though we're only on day 3 of the membership) Other than that, we've been gearing up for hosting some Christmas gatherings and randomly making shopping trips to get odds & ends for family. It seems like we're not buying as many gifts this year, but that's definitely a good thing. So, I'll get to the good stuff. Here are some recent pics of our family .... okay, of Rowan. I'm not sure Kyle & I have been in a picture without him in a while. :)


Rowan & Tanner's favorite spot..looking out the front door/window.




They're buds.

Beginning his musical career early :) He carried the keyboard from the playroom to this spot to perform.



Listening to Grandma & Papa read him The Night Before Christmas.... the book made me cry.
"Helping" dad set up the treehouse. Or just trying to play :)









3 comments:

  1. Rowan's so, so, so cute! You can tell he just oozes with personality! We miss you guys! Glad you've landed somewhere to start your own life again. Y sounds like a good plan. Justin and I are basically bears in the winter...eat and sleep! Not a good combo. Of course, Justin being the man he is can still look in the mirror and say "Who wouldn't want this body? Hot bodies on the beach!!" He's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just doesn't seem right that I don't know Rowan better...I have a feeling we would be good friends:) Can't wait for time with you guys next month--love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the cabin fever--our gym with free child care just went out of business and i'm stuck! boo. How about some pics of your new house???

    ReplyDelete