Monday, January 18, 2010

Setting goals...

I have committed myself to participating in the 2010 Pokagon Triathlon..... olympic distance. Somewhere around a mile swim (still can't figure out the coversion to meters or yards), 25-mile bike and a 6-mile run. Part of this goal is to make up for the lack of exercise and training from last year when life was really hectic and I failed miserably in the workout department. So, we joined the Y and I am well into training. Ok, so I'm definitely not fast, but I just set time goals in order to accomplish something and feel good about it. Along the same lines, I have set more goals for the new year. I was never one to make a New Year's Resolution and actually KEEP it, but I feel like it's not such a bad idea after all. I need motivation and reminders to make goals a habit but so far it's going well. I will share my NWR to hold myself accountable and to get reminders when I'm not doing a good job.... no gossip and being committed. There you have it. I feel like in this day of cell phones and internet messaging it's SO EASY to not be fully committed. Waking up and feeling like "I don't feel like going out today" or "I would rather do it another day".... I'm so tired of the lack of commitment these days. No more facebook messaging to break plans or a text message to say I'm not showing up because I don't feel like it. Unless sickness or some major conflict arises, my yes is yes and my no is no. Riding the fence is uncomfortable and sometimes rude. No gossip. Well, that's another story. It's SO easy with facebook and blogs, but it's not the purpose of either of them and I remind myself of that daily. So please help keep me accountable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment