Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You do not have because you do not ask.

Beth Moore writes a bible study called... When Godly people do ungodly things... and I am currently enjoying this study every Wednesday with a group of amazing women. This week's study was on accountability. Well, what I focused on anyway. I have been craving accountability and a "see through life" for some time. I suppose going along with my last post, it's just that I want to live a REAL life. Not some facade that people see and go right by. Beth challenges the readers to become see-through with their accountability partners. Well, first, the challenge is to be vulnerable enough to ask someone to step into your life in that way. Second, you must humble yourself and boldly admit your struggles and successes in life. NOT AN EASY THING TO DO. Believe me. I've had a ton of thoughts go through my head and played the waiting game on certain things and this week was the final nudge (not sure how to spell it) that I needed to move into action. Two of the most inspiring words from this week and what I am now constantly praying for are: discernment and accountability. Look them up. Read what they mean. Study the Bible to see what God says about them. If you're lacking either of them, PRAY for them. And if you don't feel that you need them (which I'm sorry to tell you that you do...) then pray that I gain discernment and accountability in my life. Because I need them. Both. All the time.

2 comments:

  1. Tony likes your post! -He needs more of the both and will likely continue to need them for the remainder of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said Suzie! I have been super challanged by that as well in this study. So glad that you have been a part of it!

    ReplyDelete