Sunday, January 24, 2010

Small Talk

I've never been one for small talk. Put me in a room full of people I don't know and I'm bound to be the quiet one. I'm not sure why, but small talk kinda turns me off. It's not that the people are bad or anything, but I always feel like it's uncomfortable and that there's no real purpose. I know it's a way to start relationships and whatnot, but does the person really care how I am doing? I've been in a few situations recently where small talk is the name of the game and it's so AWKWARD for me. It makes me extremely anxious and longing for more, deeper relationships. Ahh, I feel better. Just had to get that off my heart.

3 comments:

  1. this post just made me laugh, because it's so true. but that's what i continually cherish in our friendship; you have a way of getting to the heart of things in me and others in your life. so keep on being the awkward one in that room full of people...somebody like me will seek you out and want to be your friend. love you suz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never guessed that?....You ...quiet in a room? You're always telling me to be quiet! Is that because you don't like my small talk or because I'm your brother?

    I do enjoy reading your posts....keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably doesn't help that she's married to the king of small talk.

    ReplyDelete